Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thinking about where I fit or do not fit . . .

. . . isn't as useful as considering who I am and who I hope to become. Life will let me wander through gardens, drop me into wastelands, allow me moments of floating in the clouds. Sometimes I will feel at home, sometimes I will feel uncomfortable, sometimes I will wonder if there is any land and people that matches my stride and mood and thinking patterns. But that isn't the point, not really. The point is that I need to find and refine myself, be comfortable being me wherever I land, and throw back my head and laugh at whatever in this world is so utterly ridiculous that I don't know what else to do with it.

4 comments:

Darling Bookworm said...

Is that why you laugh at me? Just kidding. I love this!

whirligigdaisy said...

I wished I laughed more. . .

Denece said...

Laughter.
Yes. :-)

Olive Kite said...

I've been laughing a lot more lately--at the ridiculous, at the painful, at all the things I can't control, and at the truly funny.

It feels good.

(That doesn't mean that I don't cry, too.)